“Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. ” — Vince Lombardi
Enter The Nation's Largest Prospect Database
Connect with thousands of college coaches across the U.S. and get evaluated to play college sports!
In a follow up to article "Go to Guy" (http://exactsports.com/blog/the-go-to-guy/2010/07/19/), below are 6 quick tips to help every player maximize control over pressure filled situations:
Top Tips For Handling Pressure
1) Practice Pressure: Put yourself in the same anxious sports condition you face during a game during practice -- taking a penalty kick (soccer) or in a penalty play (hockey)?
2) Practice Distraction: Can you play well even when everything is pulling against you? Put on distracting music (e.g. if you are fan of rap, listen to disco) or turn on / off lights.
3) Practice and Train Hard: When training for your sport, make sure you are preparing your body for the rigor and stress that you will be feeling during competition. Push yourself and test your physical limits, by training with the same intensity that you play with during a game. By simulating game like intensity, athletes will feel less pressure during competition.
4) Practice Visualization: For 5 minutes before you go to bed, visualize a pressure situation and play it out in your head. Simulate that activity mentally (with you succeeding) to get your mindset ready for that event when you are actually in practice or competition. How do you handle it?
5) Practice Relaxation Techniques: Take deep breaths, picture yourself relaxed, or take a step back. Use these techniques in order to help calm you down during times of stress.
6) Practice Psyching Yourself Up: When training practice self-motivation and positive self-encouragement. Psych yourself up by allowing positive energy to guide your performance.
Mental Toughness Training
Mental skills training is imperative for a young high school athlete to succeed in the game and beyond. It's mental meets physical when it comes to being a top-tier athlete and going on to play college sports. EXACT Sports provides effective mental toughness training that helps athletes handle pressure and utilize anxiety as a positive asset.
Why Choose EXACT College ID Camps?
EXACT’s Nationwide College Network
When it comes to choosing a soccer ID camp, basketball ID camp, baseball ID camp, or volleyball baseball camp, you want to make sure that you’re choosing a camp that offers you access to a large network of NCAA and NAIA college coaches. EXACT does exactly that, opening you to a large pool of experienced college coaches from across hundreds of colleges.
One-on-One College Evaluations
How do you improve without feedback? At EXACT ID camps, all our coaches are professionals who understand that each player is distinct and uniquely gifted. As such, we give individual feedback that prepares you for the next level.
At EXACT ID camps, you get to meet and greet college coaches, giving you an opportunity to build your college connections ahead of your arrival in college.
Specific Training for Goalkeepers
We understand that the role of the goalkeeper in soccer is crucial and distinct. So, we offer position-specific training to goalkeepers. You also put all you’ve learned into action and receive helpful feedback during college-style training and games.
Beyond the foundational training that every college ID camp offers, EXACT teaches you how to deal with adversity, stay focused, and remain confident and composed despite opposition during competitions.
College Training Sessions
At EXACT, our training sessions simulate college practice sessions and games. They are also handled by experienced college coaches. That way, you’re best prepared for college sports and are sure to settle in seamlessly when accepted into college.
Compete With The Best
You get a chance to meet and compete with the best players in the USA and around the globe. Without a doubt, this improves your sports skills as well as social interactions, making you even more attractive to colleges.
At EXACT, we understand that you’re in a college ID camp because you someday want to be on a college team. So, we bring in college coaches who have handled collegiate sports recruitment time and time again. These coaches give you an insight into how college recruitment really works in person at the EXACT college ID camp. With insider information at your fingertips, you stand a better chance of being recruited to the right college for you.